Skip to content

Monthly Archives: April 2007

Life beyond deadlines: looking ahead…

After May 3 we can get back to developing our piece. Here’s a design concept I scratched out in Paint and worked a bit in Art Rage, another “successive approximation:” I’ve taken Dale’s two torn strips and I’ve transformed one into the fabric of a world showing us Wm. Blake’s Inn set on a lovely […]

Still to be done…

Here’s what we still need to do in the next seven days, with the items in green being the ones I think I can get done before Friday: WALLS reinforce breaks in edges with slices of “corner cardboard”; attach with box rivets finish painting “woodwork” glue chair rails to walls paint fireplace panel with architectural […]

Set crew

[cross-posted from Dale’s blog] We met for set crew at Dale and Ginny’s house at 10:00 this morning, and by the time we finished, we got at least most of the items on our list started, although none of them were finished. We were hampered by not having a large enough crew, but those of […]

Workshop (4/18/07)

[cross-posted from Dale’s blog] In attendance: Dale, Marc, Mary Frances, Molley, Laura, Melissa, and Carol Lee. We also had MMH Galen, Toast Head Maggie and Hedgehogs Taylor, Kennedy, Chiara, Preston, and Travis. First up were the Hedgehogs. Heavens to betsy, are these cute critters! This last one is of us all double-checking what hedgehog ears […]

Workshop (4/17/07)

[cross-posted from Dale’s blog] Another workshop night, again an intensive rehearsal kind of thing. Dale, Marc, Carol Lee, Melissa, and Denise in attendance, with Mary Frances joining us later. Carol Lee had finished the sunflowers, so we were able to work on getting the sunflower waltz shaped up. Dance is funny to write about, because […]

Workshop (4/11/07)

[cross-posted from Dale’s blog] At noon I went to meet with the Newnan Cultural Arts Commission to offer the proposal for William Blake’s Inn. Everyone was supportive and excited. They decided to sponsor the May 3 performance and to begin looking at finding funding for the entire project, so that’s exciting. (You can download a […]

Workshop (4/10/07)

[cross-posted from Dale’s blog] Back to work at the workshop! Dale, Marc, Laura, Carol Lee, and Melissa in attendance. Dale and Carol Lee shared their autographed copies of A Visit to William Blake’s Inn, plus other fun stuff from New York. Dale talked about the meeting of the Cultural Arts Commission tomorrow and some of […]

New York City

Marc, Mary Frances, Galen, Molly, Carol Lee, Ginny, and Dale are in New York City for five days. For reports on what Dale and Ginny are seeing, see Dale’s blog.